Talbot M. Martin, Of Counsel
Talbot M. Martin, of counsel currently represents clients of Barnett Law Offices from his San Francisco, California office. Talbot has served as an associate at Yodice Associates in Frederick, Maryland where he worked extensively with AOPA and the members of the AOPA Legal Services Plan on a wide variety of aviation law issues. His practice has focused on resolving safety enforcement actions before the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board. In addition to Safety Enforcement Matters, Mr. Martin has experience in counseling clients on aircraft ownership, airport legal issues, accidents, and many other aspects of the law related to aircraft.
Talbot holds a Commercial Certificate with Instrument privileges in single and multi-engine airplanes, and a Certified Flight Instructor Certificate. During law school he worked as a summer clerk in the FAA’s Southwest Region Regional Counsel’s Office, assisting with FAA enforcement cases.
Talbot is an active member of the International Air and Transportation Safety Bar Association, and serves on the Board of the Oakland Aviation Museum.
- District of Columbia
- Co-chair, Emerging Leaders Section
- International Air and Transportation Safety Bar Association (formerly NTSB Bar Assoc.)
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Tulsa, Oklahoma, JD: May 2006
- University of Tulsa College of Law, London, England, International and Comparative law, Fall 2004
- Stetson University College of Law, Buenos Aries, Argentina, International and Comparative law, Summer 2004
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, Major: Aviation Sciences, BS: May 2002
Certificates & Ratings
- Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating (ASEL, AMEL)
- Certified Flight Instructor Certificate (ASE)
Learn more about our aviation practice.